SLIDER

Are You Considered Plus Size?

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Facebook is definitely one of those social media sites that keep you up to date on a lot of the most ignorant things in the world. Last night one of these stories struck my concern, especially for young girls.

Robin Lawley, a very pretty model, has released her new “plus size” swimwear. According to Cosmo Magazine she is plus size. I’m a little confused. When I was a size 12, I was plus size. Now anyone who is a size 8 is plus size? WTF!!! 


If you research plus size on the internet you will see that it mostly starts at size 14 and goes up from there. If this is the new plus size and I am a size 2-3, Does that mean i'm anorexic? What's this world coming to? Not only have we introduced young girls to the so called thigh gap but now were saying your still big ladies. 

So I question Cosmo........What attributes make women a plus size model? Is it her wide hips, her height (because sometimes this dictates buying a bigger size so they fit), or just her lack of Victoria Secret sex appeal? Ladies, do not let things like this define you.

All women are beautiful no matter their size. We let society place tags on us and we go with it because we believe what they say is normal. Well......It's not. 


      Are you the new plus size?,
                                            This Girl Lifts

5 comments :

  1. This is so annoying! I wish I could say other women weren't as bad as the media with this, but many are. I see so much judgement out there. Anywhere from"she's too skinny, too muscular, to fat, too ugly, fake boobs......." who cares and who are we to judge and slap a label on it. I'm not saying be unhealthy and put your life at risk, but if you are happy, who cares what you look like. Ugh, this topic gets me so fired up, especially since 2 of my kids are daughters! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand where you are coming from. The world is a terrible place for women especially when it comes to our weight. Be happy with who you are!

      Delete
  2. I love your end paragraph, we go with what societies labels us as, this relates to letting others dim your light. Don't let society or others define your definition of beauty, be your OWN definition of beautiful. Size eight is NOT plus size, that is the average american woman size, so most of america is plus sized then, yet stores continue to shrink their sizes.... hm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am in shock and a little sickened. I think it's awful how society puts these warped images of what is healthy into people's minds, especially for the consumption of those who don't know better (younger children). I would never think that model shown above is "plus sized." She looks healthy and fit to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly. I almost died when I read the article.

      Delete