SLIDER

Perfect Smoothies

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Summer time has come and the only thing I have been able to come up with to keep cool is "the perfect smoothie." Smoothies are wonderful for on the go and right after a workout. Starting Monday I will be sharing a perfect smoothie for 5 days straight. In the meantime I will share with you how I make my smoothies from bottom to top to benefit my daily needs.

From bottom to top, I stack my smoothie using a unique formula. I start with the base, then I add my booster, greens/veggies, and then fruit. Here's the breakdown.

Base: water, coconut milk, milk, almond milk, hemp milk, coconut water, or yogurt.

Booster: Stevia, protein powder, antioxidant powder, almond butter, peanut butter, coconut oil, and flaxseed. (There are tons of different options)

Greens/Veggies: Kale, spinach, broccoli, pumpkins, carrots, sweet potatoes, and more. (Your choice)

Fruit: Strawberries, blueberries, peaches, apples, watermelon, and more. (Your choices)

Smoothies can be made in over a million different ways but always remember you want your smoothie to have beneficial nutrients in it to support your daily lifestyle. So stay tuned because I will be sharing tons of new smoothie recipes with you.

Whether in a cup or on a stick, stay cool this summer.

                                                                                 This Girl Lifts

1 comment :