SLIDER

Tips to Prepping Weekly

Friday, July 19, 2013

Not a week goes by that I don't spend a couple hours on Sundays Prepping my meals for the week. This is the most responsible way to stay on plan for that awesome body. I spend about 2-3 hours on Sunday slicing, dicing, and cooking up some delicious meals. In order to do these things you have to have the essentials for the correct food prep. 



1. Get your shop on.

You must have all the correct essentials to do your prep. The night before I go over my meal plan and go through my refrigerator to see what I have and don't have. I make a list and then head to the grocery store the very next day to gather my necessities.

2. Tupperware

You know how we all use to say those sappy parties our moms went to where they bought tupperware was lame?!! Well guess what? I wish I was actually there...LOL!! Tupperware is the greatest necessity to any food prep day. I believe I own about 50-60 Tupperware bowls. Oh yes I do!! What is also great about these is that they come in a variety of sizes. So its not hard to portion out your meals.

3. Food Scale

If your on a decent meal plan like most then you probably portion your food by ounces. With a food scale, you literally put an ease on your brain so you don't have to do the math. They run about $5-$60 but usually a decent one from Wal-Mart will do. I actually love the digital scales. They are very easy to read. 

4. Ziplock bags

we always need somewhere to store our extra cut up veggies and ziplock bags work like wonders. I also use them to store some of the snacks I eat for the week. They are easy to pick up and go.

There are tons of different ways that people do food prep and of course everything I listed is just essential but more than likely not everything you need. You are probably still going to need pots and pans, knives, utensils, and much more.

If you are not in the habit of prepping your food for the week, you must start. It serves your body right.


                                                                       Thanks and Much love,
                                                                                            
                                                                                             THIS GIRL LIFTS

No comments :

Post a Comment